Sunday, November 3, 2013

The book is a bit late…. but there's a new layout and new photo documentation.

In the past few weeks there have been some great developments to the book. First, my publisher Archive Kabinett is laying out the book again to be a bit more clean and graphically appealing. It is looking great and I hope to have a few sample pages to show off soon! Second, Archive asked me to do a small photo-documentation which will be added to the end of the book to round out the research and give readers some visuals of Berlin to connect to the drawings and the text. So for the past two weekends I've been riding my bike around berlin, tripod and camera in hand, and grabbing some key pictures. It's been a fun little whirlwind, and I think it's a nice bonus for the book. Here's one of the pictures: it is a fragment of the berlin tax wall that has been incorporated into a building by Kleihues in Hannoversche Straße.

 
As I mentioned in the last blog post, the Kickstarter funding has given me the awesome chance to work with Archive Kabinett as a publisher. However, this meant that the estimated delivery has had to be pushed back by a month. The goal is to print the last week of November so that I can still put all the rewards in the mail in December. We are well on our way, however there are of course some risks/challenges with working together with more people to truly do things in a timely manner - I am trying my best to get the best possible book out as soon as possible.